Faculty Event Role
The Faculty Event Role is used to designate the Primary Role of an Instructor in an Event. This report lets you create, edit, and delete these Roles.
Path: Admin Toolbar > Advanced > Faculty Management > Faculty Event Role
- Select the Program
- Select the Academic Year
Faculty Roles are defined per Program, but are not shared between Programs. If you need the same Faculty Role in a different Program, you will need to create that Role in that Program.
This screen lets you create or modify a Faculty Role for a given Program.
- Role: Click to edit this Faculty Role.
- Event Count: This is a count of the number of times this Role has been assigned to an Event or Long Event.
- Add: Click to create a new Faculty Role
- Deleted: This report will show you a list of Deleted Faculty Roles. You can edit each role by clicking on the Role's name. You can un-delete a deleted Roles from the edit screen.
- Prep Conv (Preparation Conversion): This field defines the number of prep time/per hour(s) which were required the first time an Instructor teaches an Event.
- Rep Conv (Repeating Event Preparation Conversion): This field defines the number of prep time/per hour(s) in which the Instructor has already taught one or more times this Event.
- If the Prep Conv and Rep Conv fields for the Role is empty then the default values for the Event Type will be used. NOTE: Event Types already have predefined prep hours.
- If you place 0 (zero) hours in the Prep Conv and Rep Conv fields this means no prep time will be given for the Faculty who are associated with this Event Role.
- If you assign a Faculty Role to an Instructor, the Role's prep time will replace the default prep time for the Event.
- Role Name (*): Enter a name for this Faculty Role
- Description: Is optional.
- Prep Conv: (Preparation Conversion) is optional
- Rep Conv: (Repeating Event Preparation Conversion) is optional
- Save Record
Warning: You should be careful about renaming a Role after it has already been in use, as it will make the current data inaccurate.
Click the Event Count > The Faculty Role Detail Report
The Faculty Role Detail Report lists all Instructors with a given Role for the selected Academic Year.
- Event Name: Click to access the Event
- Course Name: To access the Course
- Summary Report : To return back to the Faculty Role Management Report
The total number of items in this report may exceed the count in the summary report for this role. This is due to the fact that the count in the summary report is the total number of Events with an Instructor with the given Role. However, more than one Instructor in an Event can have the same Role. The detail report shows all Instructors with the Role.