Path: Admin Toolbar > Advanced > System Administration > MyUIAdmin > Edit Grid Input
Create New Screen
The GRID input screen is designed to facilitate the quick entry of data that can be represented in a grid, where the X and Y axis define the IDs that are used, in turn, to define the cells. The programmer will supply:
- SQL statement to select the Names and IDs of the fields for the Y axis
- SQL statement to select the Names and IDs of the fields for the X axis
- SQL statement to select the value and ID from a third table where the keys will be the intersecting IDs of the X and Y axis. Note: Must select value, ID in that order. The variables $XAXIS and $YAXIS will hold the values for the X and Y values.
- XY Insert
- SQL statement to insert new values back into the table for the cells
- Given three tables:
- ExamScores (defined by student ID and exam ID)
You can use the GRID input system to define the Y axis as students, the X axis as exams, and each cell is the score for the given student on the given exam.
- $XAXIS .... used in the CELL select and insert statements. Retrieves the ID value from the x axis
- $YAXIS .... used in the CELL select and insert statements. Retrieves the ID value from the y axis
- $VALUE ... retrieves the data entered for the given cell
- Field Definitions:
- Input Type
- Defines what type of input field will be used in the grid
- Value List
- Comma delimited list of fields that may be passed by calling functions and will be made available to the grid input screen. These values will also be passed to the update routine.
- Save Options
- Comma delimited list of save button titles. This will generate multiple save options that your custom post-Update logic can use to determine post processing actions.
- Options Name
- Defines which dcInputOptions record set to use to generate options for this grid input screen. This field is optional.