The Faculty Contribution Tracking (FCT) module collects data stored within Leo to create a comprehensive financial report of Faculty effort for the purpose of monetary compensation.
FCT tracks the number of hours, both of classroom time and prep time, that are required by Faculty and Course Directors in order to deliver the curriculum. The FCT module does not include Staff that are directly compensated for their efforts.
FCT takes those hours and multiplies them by a given dollar value (or eRVU - educational relative value unit), to provide a relative idea of how much money that effort costs, and it breaks that amount down by various categories for a given Academic Year.
Path: Admin Toolbar >Advanced > FCT Admin
Each menu item in this list is described below:
- FCT Report: This report shows all of the defined FCT reports for a given Academic Year. When the report is first opened it will show only the reports that you have created. The Admin mode will show all of the reports created for the year by you as well as other Users. For more information refer to FCT Report
- Define FCT Year: This option is used to enter certain fixed costs that are used in the calculation of FCT. It is important to note that these reports can be run in quarterly or yearly periods, and therefore some of the amounts in this screen will be multiplied by 4. The fields that will be multiplied for yearly reports will be clearly marked. For more information refer to Define FCT Year
- Event Types: This report displays all active Event Types and a summary count of how often the Event Type has been used in the selected year. From this screen you can create new Event Types or modify the existing Event Types. WARNING: if you delete an Event Type you will delete all of the Events that are associated with that Event Type. If duplicate Event Types are found, do not delete; instead, click the All Event Types option and use the Merge function to merge the duplicate Event Type with another one. This will preserve the Events associated with the Event Type. For more information refer to Event Types
- Course Types: This report displays all active Course Types and a summary of how often the Course Type has been used in the selected year. From this screen, you can create new Course Types or modify the existing Course Types. For more information refer to Course Types
- Clerkship Hours: This report displays a list of Clerkships that will receive compensation based on inpatient and outpatient hours per rotation. There is also an option to add a clerkship (or other course) to the list of courses that will receive compensation. These courses are normally Clerkships, but they can be any type of course. For more information refer to Clerkship Hours
- CD Hours: This report displays courses where the Course Director hours are required (Didactic and Clinical). This report also shows the Primary Course Director assigned to each course. The distribution of administrative compensation via the financial model is based on the departmental affiliation of the Primary Course Director; therefore, it is important to designate a Course Director to all courses included in the financial model if you want to also calculate administrative costs. If there is no Primary Course Director, no administrative costs will be disbursed for that course. For more information refer to CD Hours
- FCT Data Types: This report displays the FCT Data Types that are used in the uploads for FCT data. New Types can be created here. For more information refer to FCT Data Types
- Upload FCT Data: This screen is the portal for uploading self-reported information.
- Rebuild Event FinTime: Clicking this option will start the rebuild process of all financial data in the system and will recalculate the event duration for financial reporting. For more information refer to Rebuild FCT Function.
- Bad Time Check: This screen allows you to define the Academic Year to review, and what the maximum valid time should be. For more information refer to Bad Time Check
- Department History: This option is used to manually adjust department totals. For more information refer to Department History
- FCT Course Exclusion: After selecting a Program Year, this report displays a list of all courses excluded from the FCT model. For more information refer to FCT Course Exclusions
- FCT Admin Reports: This module is designed to track the financial contribution to Faculty and Course Directors based on work performed over a specific period of time. For more information refer to Admin Report
- FCT Exceptions: This module will help you find Courses that have issues affecting the accuracy of the FCT report. Exception reports can be due to issues such as a lack of grades, missing Course Type, etc. For more information refer to FCT Exceptions