The User Management settings in the Account Manager allow System Administrators and Super Users to customize certain settings related to User Management in your instance of Leo.
Path: Admin Toolbar > Advanced > Account Manager > Modules [expand] > User Management [expand]
Min Security to see all in MyCourses: This is the min security level(default=75) that will see all courses when clicking on Find your courses.
- Users below this level will only see the courses in which they are enrolled, assigned to, or are faculty.
- Min Security to see demographic data on other Users: Default is 80. Users below that will only be able to see their own demographic information. (NOTE: Faculty assigned as Mentors might need their Security Level increased or this default lowered to allow them to view the About Tab in the Student Portrait.)
- Enable User Password History Purge: The Users password history can be purged.
- Enable User Password Removal: Remove the local password of User.
- Enable Faculty Type tracking: Create and assign a faculty type for reports and filters.
- Enable Student-Faculty role: This option allows Students to be assigned to a limited version of the faculty role at the event or course level.
- Enable Student-mapping role (requires Student-Faculty role): This option allows Students to update curricular mapping, but only if the Student-faculty role has been enabled.
- Enable Grader role: This option allows Users to be assigned as graders of text based exam questions and assignments at the event or course level.
- Enable display of preferred User ID: Certain reports and screens can include the User's preferred ID as part of the display.
- Primary Display ID Type: Select the ID type to be displayed if the show ID option is turned on.
- Max small group size: Click the blue link to set the maximum number of Students per small group. The default is 100.
- LDAP User Import: When checked, a User data import via LDAP is activated. Your system must use LDAP and have permission to query the LDAP server.
User Screen Settings
Path: Admin Toolbar > Advanced > Account Manager > Modules [expand] > User Management [expand] > User Screen Settings [expand]
- Disable the Active flag for Students: Use this option if your Roster import will be setting the Student's Active flag. The Active flag can also be set by the Graduation option.
User Import Settings
Path: Admin Toolbar > Advanced > Account Manager > Modules [expand] > User Management [expand] > User Import Settings [expand]
- Allow Multiple User roles via import: If checked, a User can be assigned multiple roles, such as Staff and Faculty, via import. If unchecked, only one role is allowed per User.
- Ignore Roster: If checked, this setting enables the ability to set User accounts to not receive User Roster data. Your custom Roster import routine must support this setting in order for it to work.
- Source of User import Roster: Click the blue link to define the name of the User import data file.
User Management Menus
Path: Admin Toolbar > Advanced > Account Manager > Modules [expand] > User Management [expand] > User Management Menus [expand]
User Export Menu: When checked, this option activates access to the User Export menu.
User Export Menu [expand]
- Generate a User Roster Export: When checked, a Roster can be generated based on User ID type, date range, and other parameters.