The Course settings in the Account Manager allow System Administrators and Super-Users to customize certain settings and system behaviors related to Courses in your instance of Leo.
Path: Admin Toolbar > Advanced > Account Manager > Modules [expand] > Courses [expand]
The following settings can be used to customize general Course features:
- Enable the Remove Courses Menu Option: This setting enables the Remove Courses option, which allows Faculty and Staff to delete/remove Courses, as well as restore deleted Courses.
- Enable Course-wide attendance option: This setting enables the ability to track Attendance in all Event within a Course.
- Enable Mass Course Roll Over: This setting enables the mass roll over of all Courses in an Academic Year by Course Type.
- Only Allow Enrolled Students: If checked, only Students enrolled in a given Course will be allowed access to the Course. All non-enrolled Students will be denied access to the Course.
- Use Local Term Name: This option will show the local Term Code rather than the Course Rotation number.
- Use Registrar Term Code: This option will show the Registrar Code rather than the Course Rotation number.
- Included Rotation # with term: This option will add the Rotation Number to the Term Name.
- Label to use for Registrar Term Code: Specify the label for use with the Term Code or Rotation number.
Course Template Display
Path: Admin Toolbar > Advanced > Account Manager > Modules [expand] > Courses [expand] > Course Template Display [expand]
The following settings customize the display of information in the Course Template:
- Display the custom abbreviation field: This setting allows the ability to create a custom abbreviation for Courses with longer standard abbreviations for display purposes.
- Display the required Course option: This field is used to identify Courses that are required for a given Program or Track.
- Display the custom Registrar code: This code is necessary when multiple Leo Course Masters link back to a single Registrar Course.
Path: Admin Toolbar > Advanced > Account Manager > Modules [expand] > Courses [expand] > Section Display [expand]
The following settings relate to the Course Screen:
- Display assigned Themes below the Course type: When checked, all assigned Themes will be displayed in the General Information section on the Course Screen.
- Display Staff assigned at the Course level in General Information: When checked, all Staff assigned to the Course will be displayed in the General Information section of the Course Screen.
- Display Student-Faculty assigned at the Course level in General Information: When checked, all Student-Faculty will display in the General Information screen at the Course level.
- Display Graders assigned at the Course level in General Information: When checked, all Graders will display in the General Information screen at the Course level.
- Display term/block name in the Course screen header: When checked, the name of the assigned Term will display in the Course Screen header before the name of the Course.
- Add link to Course/Campus Info: When checked, this option will let you link to the Course Template and Campus Level info screens from the Course Screen.
- Show Campus Description: This will show the campus description in the General Information section of the Course Screen.
- Hide the icon that brings up the event location map: When checked, there will be no icon to click to go to the location listed in Google Maps.
- Purge Course/Section completely after Course/Section Merge: This option will trigger a purge from the database of the merged Course/Section record after a successful Course/Section merge.
- Display Student email and phone number in Photo Roster: This will display the Student email address and phone number on the Photo Roster for an Event.
Optional Screen Menu Items
Path: Admin Toolbar > Advanced > Account Manager > Modules [expand] > Courses [expand] > Section Display [expand] > Optional Screen Menu Items [expand]
The following settings relate to the Optional Screen Menu Items:
- Manage Course/campus settings: When checked, Courses can be linked to Campus Level management options to assign Campus Level Directors, documents and other elements.
- Course wide discussions summary: When checked, you will have the ability to run a report of all Discussions within a Course.
- Event Roll Over Status: When checked, a report can be generated showing which Event were created by the Rollover process and will show the parent Event and Course.
- Manage Linked Event: When checked, a summary list of Linked Event can be generated.
- Manage Repeating Linked Event: Allows you to create Repeating Sets of Linked Event, such as labs or PBL sessions.
- Broadcasting Report: Provides a list of Broadcasting Linked Events
- Curriculum Mapping Lock Down: When checked, this option allows you to hide/un-hide curriculum mapping information from Students.
- Map Proficiencies to G&O: When checked, this option allows you to map proficiencies to goals and objectives at the Course Level.
- Mapping Summary and Manager: This setting enables a report that provides summary information on mapping for Event in the Course and has tools to help manage the mapping.
- Map Theme: When checked, users will be able to map themes at the Course level. This is primarily used in Courses without Event.
- Course Event XLS Report: This setting allow you to generate a detailed .xls report of all Event in a Course with detailed mapping information.
- Course Objective Migration: Allows admin to migrate objective from an old set to a new objective set for a Course.
Groups and Users
- Clinical Faculty Manager: This setting lets you manage a list of Clinical Faculty associated with a Course. This is required if you are going to use Clinical Evaluations.
- Check Student Schedule: When checked, this option lets you review a Student's schedule in part or in relation to the current Course.
- Student Roster Manager: When checked, this option lets you review roster entries and manage manually-created roster entries. It replaces the Group Edit screen as the method for adding new Students to a Course.
- Quick Delete: When checked, this option allows for the quick removal of files from a Course as well as from Event within the Course.
- Enable adding LTI resources on a Course level: When checked, this option allows you to add LTI (or SCORM) resources at the Course Level.
- Enable the all-content report: When checked, the all-content report is enabled that shows all content at the Course, Event, Long Event and Announcement level.
- Comprehensive Summary Report: When checked, this report lists the Event in the Course with content links and mapping information. This is a Faculty-only report.
- Course Content: This list the Event in a Course with content links and objective information. Faculty only access.
- Enable Messaging Menu: This option turns on the Messaging menu. It allows users to send Messages that are linked back to the Course.
- Disable Messaging Menu for Students: This option turns off the Messaging menu for Students.
- Message History: This option allows you to view all Messages sent from within a Course, including through Event and Long Event.
- Active Exam Reports: When the Active Exams Report is enabled, Admin Users can run a report of current and near-future Exams withing their Program.
- High Security: When checked, only System Administrators can import data.
- Low Security: When checked, Admin level users can import data. The High Security option needs to be disabled when this option is checked.
- Faculty Reminder Options: When checked, this setting enables the Faculty reminder screen and the Faculty reminder history report (under the report menu). If you want to use reminders, be sure to turn the reminder nightly process on in Nightly Jobs in the Account Manager screen.
- External Link Report: When checked, this option allows the user to run a report of external links to the Course.
- Clear Session Objectives: When checked, this option allows a user to clear all session objectives and related SO/GO links from the current Course.
- Enable Q&A Options: Enable Course level Q&A.
- Enable Course Export: Enable the export of a Course and its content. This can be imported into a different Leo Course.
- Enable Course Import: Enables the import of a Course and its content from a Leo XML file.
Capstone Pre-graduation Courses
Path: Admin Toolbar > Advanced > Account Manager > Modules [expand] > Courses [expand] > Capstone > Capstone National Meetings [expand]
This feature allows values to be set for the Capstone National Meetings reports (CNM):
- ASAP Registration: This value must be a number.
- WAP Registration: This value must be a number.
- Locum Tenens: This value must be a number.
- Academic Stipend: This value must be a number.
- Late Fee Cutoff: This value must follow the format - YY:MM:DD hh:mm:ss.
Program Course Settings
Path: Admin Toolbar > Advanced > Account Manager > Modules [expand] > Courses [expand] > Program Course Settings [expand]
Show all Event in Tree View for Students: This option will show Students all Event in the Tree View. If this is unchecked, Students will only see Event they are enrolled in.