The Demographic module is fairy unique in that you can create the data fields to be used for collecting information. The following data types are supported:
- I - Integer numbers
- F - Floating numbers
- S - String, or plain text
- B - Boolean (true/false)
- T - Data linked to another table (Ex: Gender, Ethnicity, etc)
If you require assistance creating some of these fields, then you can always all the support desk for assistance. If the type of data you want to track does not yet have a database table, Leo can create new tables to collect that data.
Path: Admin Toolbar > Advanced > Demographics > Fields
Add New Demographic Field
This screen is used to create a Demographics Field, which will then be used to gather data on users in the system. This data will be used to analyze information about your curriculum through the lens of these demographic fields.
- Name (*): Create a name or title for this Demographic Field
- Description: (Optional) Create a description for this field
- Data Type (*): includes: Integer numbers, floating numbers, string, or plain text, boolean (true/false) and data linked to another table.
- Required: YES/NO toggle
- Sequence: This will define the order in which this record will be displayed. Records are sorted by sequence and then by name
- Save Record
- Deleted: Set this flag to YES to remove this record from active use.
Many Demographic fields are also used outside of the Demographics module. For example:
- PET uses a number of demographic options, such as Sex and Gender
- Course small groups use demographic fields as an option when creating small groups
- The information which appears in the About tab on the Academic Portrait is drawn from the Demographics tools.
So it is important to remember that the changes you make here can affect many other modules in the system. For example, if you add a new gender option to PET, it will also be added as an option wherever you have used the gender database field in the Demographics module.