Location Management: Location Merge
This Location report lists all valid Locations in Leo and their usage. Edit any location from this report. Use the merge option to merge duplicate locations
Path: Admin Toolbar > Advanced > Location Management > Location Merge
- Primary: In this example, we clicked on the Merge (1) link of the Location Name (2) named 1120A_MSB
- Merge with: We selected Room 1120B_MSB.
- Merge Location
This screen allows you to create a new location(room) for use in Leo.
The following fields are required (*):
- Location Name: The name of the new location. Make sure the name you select is unique.
- Location Type: The type of location; for example lab, classroom, cafeteria, etc.
- Capacity: The maximum capacity of individuals the new location can handle.
- Campus: The name of the campus where this location exists.
If the Time Zone option is turned on in your system, then the Time Zone for the location will be determined by:
- If a building is defined, then the Time Zone of the building will be used
- If no building is defined, then the Time Zone for the campus will be used
- If the campus does not have a Time Zone, then the default Time Zone for your system will be used
NOTE: If you would like to display a mini-map of the exact location (provided by Google Maps), you can add latitude and longitude coordinates on this screen.
- Click the Add Image link.
- Select a FIie: Locate the image file
- Title: Type a name that will be displayed to Students).
- Save File
This report is used to manage the images associated with this location.
- You can upload pictures of a room or location.
- These images will then be available to Users in various laces in Leo, such as the Event Information screen.
Print QR Codes
When you scan the QR Code with a smartphone it will provide a view of the room's schedule.
Please see Section (2) above for Editing or Creating a New Location
NOTE: There is a unique constraint based on the name of the Location and the Campus. Each Campus can only have one location with the same name. If you enter a duplicate Location for a Campus Leo will warn you. You cannot save a record until the name + campus is unique.
This is a list of Deleted Locations. Any Event linked to a Deleted Location will not be visible on the calendar.
- As a general rule, you should not delete locations that have Events linked to them.
- Instead, merge the invalid Location into another location record.
Purge Deleted Locations
This report will show all locations that do not have a valid Campus record assigned. A location without a Campus does not have a valid Location Record. Normally, no Locations should exist that do not have a Campus.
- This routine exists to ensure that there are no such records.
- If you run the report, and see Locations, then assign a Campus to these Locations.
- If you continue to see new entries in this report, please inform the Leo help desk.
Location: Click the name of the location/room that needs a Campus
- The first 4 (four) fields are required: Location Name, Location Type, Capacity, and Campus
- Save Location