Overview of Leo
Welcome to the Student Overview of Leo, powered by DaVinci Education! The sections below will provide a short introduction to some of the many features that the System offers.
Top Navigation Bar
Students enrolled in a clinical experience will see a slightly different menu and will have the additional menu tab for PET (Patient Encounter Tracking)
The main user interface is based around the Calendar.
- The Calendar opens to today's date and can be organized by: Day, Week, Month, or List views
- Filters can be applied to the Calendar, you can add Personal Events, access More and ? Help and open/close the Related Materials pane.
- Related Materials are organized on the right side panel and can be downloaded all at once or you can select specific items to download.
- Events are organized by time and place as well as color coded by Event Type.
For more detailed information about the Calendar, please refer to the Calendar article.
Users can search across the curriculum by using a keyword and/or Boolean search. A number of built-in advanced filters are also available to help widen or narrow search fields and display options.
Clicking on the Advanced Icon toggles the screens between the Advanced Search and Search.
Messages can be sent as emails and/or as Announcements from within a Course or Event . Messages can be sent to Groups via the Course or Event screens or to individuals as an email from the Inbox.
- A red indicator shows this message is new, you haven't seen it in your Inbox before.
- An orange indicator shows the message is high priority.
- If the message is bold, that means you haven't read it yet. Click any row to view the message.
For more detailed information: refer to the Inbox article.
The Activity report will notify you of any other actionable information you need to know, such as updates/changes to upcoming Events, new materials, assignments, upcoming or due Exams or Evaluations and Lottery sign-ups.
- Items in Bold are unread.
- All links are active.
- Activities can be deleted.
- Deleted activities can be reviewed.
The Activity icon will automatically populate with a small number in a red box, indicating how many new or unread activities you have.
The possible content you may receive in your Activity screen log:
- Upcoming Quiz
- New Materials add to an Upcoming Event
- Assignments added to a Course
- Event Cancellation or rescheduling (in close to real time)
- Evaluation Due (refer to this article on Evaluations for more information)
- Lottery/SignUp (refer to this article on Lottery/SignUps for more information)
- Exam Due
- Exams in Long Events
- Receipt of Grades
- Event Changes due to Group being added/dropped from an event.
- Event Changes due to Group membership changes
- Long event changes
- Notification of being added or removed from a Course
- New or updated Discussion board
- New Discussion Comments