Course Directors can manage, create/edit, search and customize questions in the Question Bank specifically for their Course.
There are three tabs in the Question Bank:
- Edit Questions
- Question Search
NOTE: Faculty are able to import their Event Exam questions into the Course Question Bank as well. For more info please refer to Faculty: Exam Editor: Question Bank
Create New Question
- Prompt: Use the WYSIWYG editor to type in your questions.
- Click the Create Question button.
After clicking Create Question, the next screen displays required and optional steps prior to saving the question.
- Type (*): You will be prompted to choose what type of question this is
- Category: Select a category for your question
- Bonus: NO/YES toggle
- Save Question: Saves and exits the screen
- Admin Notes: (optional) Admin notes
Manage My Categories
System Administrators can manage all categories, while non-administrators can only manage the categories they have created.
The categories can be assigned to any question in your Exam.
NOTE: Currently, only one category can be assigned to a question. You can assign any category in Leo to a question, including those categories created by other users.
- To edit a question, select the question in the Questions Tab.
- The question will be opened in the Edit Question Tab.
- And you will be in the Prompt Tab
The Edit Question Prompt screen is used to create and manage the basic settings for a question, such as:
- The prompt for the question (*)
- The type of question (multiple choice, free text, etc.) (*)
- Max Score:
- Admin Notes
Within the Prompt Tab are the following menu links:
- Edit Question Prompt: This screen is used to create and manage the basic settings for a question
Edit Explanation: This option lets you enter an explanation of the current question. The explanation can be displayed in one of two places:
- Exam Feedback. The explanation option must be selected.
- In the exam, as questions are answered. This will happen if you use the SIF (Super Immediate Feedback) option.
- Manage My Categories: This report is used to manage the the exam categories you have created. System Administrators can manage all categories, while non-administrators can only manage the categories they have created.
Edit Question Prompt
Prompt Attachments Tab
Attachments can be added to questions and they can also be added from an Imported Exam.
Edit a Response Tab
While still in the Responses Tab, click on the specific response that needs editing. This will automatically open the Edit a Response Tab.
The Edit a Response Tab has two additional tabs:
- Response Text
- Response Attachment
Response Text Tab
Within the Response Text Tab you can:
- Edit Response: The Edit a Response screen is displayed below
- Edit Response Explanation: If there is an response explanation, it can be edited in this screen.
- Add Additional Responses: Easily create more response selections.
Responses may also have images attached to them from a saved file or from an Imported Exam.
To quickly add questions to the Course Question Bank:
- Word Search for specific questions
- Place a check mark in the Selected column
- Use either Select All or Copy All Selected Items