The PDF Exam Import function can take Exams presented in a PDF format and import them into the System's Exam Module. Once the PDF is received, we will parse the PDF. While images, sound files and video do not automatically link to the Exam questions during the import process, you CAN manually link these files to the specific Exam questions after the import and within the Exam Editor.
Formats vary greatly, so you must select the correct options when you are exporting the Exam out of ExamSoft.
- Export the Faculty view of the exam as a RTF document
- Then convert the RTF doc it to a PDF. NOTE: Be sure to do this step outside of Examsoft.
Path: Courses > [Select] Course > Import > Upload Import Data
NOTE: If the PDF file has not been previously uploaded, then use the Import > Upload Import Data function first before proceeding.
Please refer to this article: Upload Import Data.
Path: Courses > [Select Course] > Import > Exam Import (PDF Format)
NOTE: This import can only be done from the Course Screen and not from an Event.
Import ExamSoft into Course
NOTE: If the source of the PDF is not listed in the format list, then contact the Leo Help Desk.
- Select ExamSoft PDF Import as the Format.
- Select the ExamSoft file from the dropdown list
- Title the Exam.
- Click the Import Exam button.
- You will receive a Processing Completed message when your import has been finalized.
Path: Courses > [Course Screen] > Assessment > Exams > Manage Exams Import
- Select the new Exam that was imported as an ExamSoft PDF file.
- Review this screen to make sure all required (*) fields are answered correctly.
- Click Create Exam.
- The Exam Editor will automatically open.
- Click the Questions Tab to see all the imported Exam questions.
TIP: Images, sounds files or video do not automatically link to the Exam questions during the import process. You can manually link these files to the specific Exam questions after the import and within the Exam Editor.