This article will show you how to upload/import a spreadsheet of grades into the Gradebook.
- Row 1 should be for column headers only.
- Header column names are: UserID, Last Name, Frist Name, Numeric Score, Alpha Score, Comments, and Incomplete Status.
- Input data staring in Row 2.
NOTE: Every column but ID, optional. The spreadsheet will still upload correctly if these fields are left blank - it will indicate that no grade/comment has been recorded yet.
When you are ready to upload, ensure that the spreadsheet is in .csv format.
NOTE: Your spreadsheet must be in .csv format in order for the system to accept it. If you are using Microsoft Excel, click File, select Save As..., then select .csv from the Save as type: drop-down menu.
Path: Home > Courses > [Course Screen] > Assessment > Gradebook
- Locate the assignment for which you would like to import grades.
- Click the options icon (gear wheel).
- Choose Import.
- Click Choose File and browse for the saved .csv file.
NOTE: You can always click individual scores in the Gradebook to edit them, even after you have uploaded a spreadsheet of scores.