This feature enables the contents of a previous Course to be copied into a new iteration of the (same) Course.
- It can be used for Courses that happen once a year, or Courses that have multiple Rotations per year. It is also used to roll Courses over from one Academic Year to another.
- For example, to copy the Foundations Course from Year 1 in 2018-2019 to Year 1 in 2019-2020, you can roll the Course over from the previous year and make any necessary changes for the new year.
- Alternatively, if the Foundations Course occurs in the Fall and again in the Spring term, the (Fall) Course can be rolled over into the Spring term.
NOTE: In Leo, a Course is defined as/synonymous to a Section or Rotation.
Create New Section
First create a New Section so that selected items from the original Course can be rolled over into the new Course.
For detailed information. please refer to Course Settings: Courses: Sections
Search for New Section
If you need to find the Section you created:
- Search your newly created Section by its name.
- Click the Course link to open the new Section
From the Course Screen, click on the Settings icon to view other features and options.
1. Settings > 2. Options > 3. Rollover
When a Course is rolled over, you can select which items from the original Course (i.e. Gradebook, Mapping, Content, Events, Event Type, etc.) you want to Rollover.
NOTE: This is critical because it will determine which specific items will be rolled over into the new Course.
- Uncheck All Options: All the boxes (choices) will be unchecked.
- Check All Options: All the boxes (choices) will be checked. You can still check/uncheck the individual boxes.
- Date of First Event: This field designates the first date the Events in your new Course will begin.
- Copy from Course: Use the drop-down menu to select the Course. Generally, the most recent iteration of the Course should be selected.
- Update existing Events: Yes/No toggle
- Copy Event Types: If there is more than one Event Type, you can choose multiple Event Types. By default, all Event Types will be checked. You can choose to not include a specific type of event, if that Event Type won't be taught in this iteration of the Course.
- Roll Over Course: To continue.
If you forget to bring something in with the Rollover, you can always do the Rollover a second time. Just make sure to uncheck everything you've already brought over, then set the Update Existing Events to YES.
Confirm Course Rollover
Once you click on Roll Over Course, you will receive a Final Check message.
- Click Stop to go back and make any changes. Click Roll Over Course to complete the process.
- Once you select Roll Over Course, you will be prompted to type a confirmation code (provided in message) to show that you are not a robot.
The Rollover is complete!
- Click Ok to exit this screen.
- Your new course is now successfully rolled over.
- Make sure to check your new course's Course Check List to assign the correct groups. For more detailed information refer to Section Checklist: Overview