The CSV Exam Import function can take Exams presented in .csv format and import them into the Leo's Exam tool. Once the csv is received, we will parse the .csv. While images, sound files and video do not import during the import process, you CAN manually link these files to the specific Exam questions after the import and within the Exam Editor.
Formats vary greatly, so you must select the correct options when you are exporting the Exam out of your external exam manager.
- Export the Leo CSV Exam Template provided at the Course Section Level or available below.
- Add information in the required .csv format provided in the template. NOTE: Be sure to format this as the file provided below indicates.
Use the sample template file provided below for more details and examples of how to utilize this template.
TIP: When copying content into the .cvs template use Ctrl+Alt+V to remove any formatting from the source file.
Path: Courses > [Select] Course > Import > Upload Import Data
NOTE: If the CSV file has not been previously uploaded, then use the Import > Upload Import Data function first before proceeding.
Please refer to this article: Upload Import Data.
Path: Courses > [Select Course] > Import > Exam Import (Leo CSV format)
NOTE: This import can only be done from the Course Screen and not from an Event.
Import CSV Exam Template into Course
NOTE: If the source of the PDF is not listed in the format list, then contact the Leo Help Desk.
- Select the import file from the dropdown list
- Title the Exam.
- Click the Import Exam button.
- You will receive a Processing Completed message when your import has been finalized.
Path: Courses > [Course Screen] > Assessment > Exams > Manage Exams Import
- Select the new Exam that was imported as an .csv file.
- Review this screen to make sure all required (*) fields are answered correctly.
- Click Create Exam.
- The Exam Editor will automatically open.
- Click the Questions Tab to see all the imported Exam questions.
TIP: Images, sounds files or video do not automatically link to the Exam questions during the import process. You can manually link these files to the specific Exam questions after the import and within the Exam Editor.