Section Level: Overview
This is an overview for of the Section Level screen for Course Directors and Course Coordinators. The Section/Rotation Screen is the repository for the basic information about your Section.
It shows you the:
- Course Director(s)
- Course Coordinators
- Basic Information and Description
Numerous reports and utilities to help view and/or manage the elements of the Section/Rotation are under the menus and tabs.
Path: Home > Courses > [Select Course]
(1) The right side includes the Section Name, Menus, (these look different depending on your Role in the System), General Information and Description pane, as well as, your Role in the System..
(2) The Content Pane, on the right side of screen has multiple Tabs:
- Materials Tab: This can be documents, web links, virtual microscopy slides, or video links.
- Messages Tab: This is a list of Section, Student Only, Faculty and CD announcements, etc.
- Mapping Tab: This is a list of curricular mapping information for this Course .
(3) There are a number of codes that may be listed after Material titles (not available to students). This is a list of the codes and their meaning:
- (CC) = Campus Level content
- (CM) = Course Template Level content
- (F/O) = Faculty only content (not visible to Students)
- (T/R) = Time Restricted content not currently available to Students
- (T/A) = Time Available. Time restricted content currently available to Students.
View by Role
Like many of our screens, the Section Screen is a Roles based screen. This means that the options available to you are based on your Role in the course.
Typical Roles are:
- Course Director
- Non-enrolled visitor
Each of these Roles will see different menus on the left side of the screen and different options in each menu.
Section Menus for Course Directors
Section Tabs and Menus
A green line will appear above the tab that is currently displayed in the content panel.