People Menu Overview
Path: Home > Courses > [Course Screen] > People
You can view the photos from this screen, or you can export/download the photos as a .PDF.
You can print the photos using your .PDF program, or you can use your browser's print option to print the webpage.
- Download as .ZIP file
- Generate PDF
- Expand/Shrink images
- Close window
This report shows a list of all the Students actively enrolled in the current Course. The roster records can have one of two sources:
- Automated records imported from a roster feed that is supplied by your Registrar
- Manually entered records.
Click Options to access Active Student menu options
Note: Records created by the Registrar cannot be modified.
- This report does not show drop records or add records that have been superseded by a drop record. Select the All Roster Records option to see these records.
- If there is more than one roster for a Student, only the most recently updated record will be displayed. This normally happens if you have created a manual record before, or after, a roster record is received.
To Manually add a Student to a Course there are options
- Add: This option lets you create a new, manual, roster record by adding single Users.
- Affiliation: Add students to this course based on their affiliation
- Import: This option will let you import students based on a list of User netIDs
The purpose of this screen is to allow you to add or remove Students from a Course using the same mechanism that populates the Course from the Registrar. This ensures that if the Student Group is ever rebuilt from the Roster data, your changes will remain intact. This screen will allow you to generate a Roster Record that mimics a record from the Registrar.
- User ID: Double click to see a list of Students
- Status: Toggle between E (Enrolled) or D (Dropped)
Please note: You cannot create a roster record for a Student that already has a roster record in this Course.
This screen allows you to select users based on their affiliation. Users' affiliation is usually set by the source for the user record, such as LDAP, your registrar, etc.
To add users, search for an affiliation in the search option. When you select an affiliation the list of users for that affiliation will be shown.
A checked box will appear by each name. Un-check a user if you do not want them copied into your group.
Once you have selected an affiliation the users for that affiliation will be displayed. You can then to the following:
- Deselect all users in the list. You can the select individual entries
- Select all users, and then deselect specific users
When done click Add Users to Group to enroll the students into the Course.
This option will allow you import users into a group using a list of user IDs.
By default, the system is looking for netIDs.
If you want to use an alternate ID, then uncheck the Use Standard ID option, which will then let you select the alternate user ID type.
When you have pasted (or entered) your list of IDs, click on the Process List button, which will do the following for each user ID the list:
- Find the User ID for the netID or alternate ID type specified
- Verify that the user is an active user
- Link the user to group
When the process is over you will be informed how many users were copied over.
NOTE: If you add users that are already in the group, they will be counted as an Add by the import routine.
This report shows a list of all enrolled Students and provides you with links to their User record, exam listing, rCard, and other vital information.
It is important to remember that you may not have access to all of the options that this report links to. Access to these options is based on your security level and the security policies of your institution.
The Student Info report will show you custom settings for the Students within this Course.
You can use the As User option to become one of the Students.
- Click on the View link and you will be logged in as that Student.
- The purpose of this function is to let you see how the system appears to the Student so you can verify that Students can see the Events, Courses, document, Exams, etc., that you have made available to the Students.
This option will let you examine a given Student's schedule. You see several views of the Student's schedule:
- The Student's schedule as it compares to the current Course
- The Student's complete schedule of Courses
- A summary count of Courses by academic year along with corresponding detail views
The basic purpose of this report is to allow you view how the Student's existing schedule dovetails with the date range of the current Course.
This report summary attendance stats for all Students in the Course. There are two categories represented here:
- All Events
- Mandatory Events
The report includes a count of the attendance in all Events (until the current date) and the attendance in mandatory Events, along with the percentage of attendance.
Faculty & Staff
This build list is used to assign Course Directors to the Course.
There must be at least one Course Director assigned as the Primary Course Director. This is in order to identify the main Course Director that will be displayed in reports or screens where space is limited.
The first Course Director added to the Course will be made the Primary Course Director. You can have more than one Course Director, but only one can be the primary. You can change the primary designation if needed.
NOTE: The default list is made of available faculty who are members of the global Course Director's group. The Extended Master List is made up of all Users who have been flagged as Faculty. Click Get Extended List to view the extended master list.
Course Coordinators are non-faculty, or non-financial model (non-FCT) faculty, who have administrative duties in the Course. It is not a requirement for a Course to have a Course Coordinator.
Click a name under Available Faculty column to move to Course Coordinators column, or Add by Search or Filter by typing in a name to add them to the list.
Click Get Extended List to view the extended master list.
If a Course Coordinator is assigned, they will not be reflected in the financial model - but they will have the same level of administrative control as the Course Director. The only exceptions are some special options reserved for the Primary Course Director. Please note that these special options may not be activated on your system.
This option lets you change the a User's role from Course Coordinator to Course Director or from Course Director to Course Coordinator. In terms of access, these two roles share equal rights.
In most cases, the directors are displayed in the Course Screen Info Panel, and the Coordinators are not shown.
Some systems have special business rules that affect the roles of Course Directors and Coordinators. If your school has such business rules activated, then changing the role of the User may affect their access to the Course to some degree.
This option assigns Graders at the Course Level, which means that these Graders can use the grader options at the Course, Event, and Long Event level for the entire Course.
A Grader has the ability to evaluate and score only text based questions on exams.
For detailed information refer to Grader Overview
For detailed information refer to the chapter on People: Faculty & Staff > Graders Menu
- The default available list is made up of Users who have been Graders elsewhere.
- The Extended available list is every User in the system not currently assigned as a Grader to this info screen.
- Add by Search option is highly recommended over the Extended List, which will let you do quick searches for the User(s) you want to add to the Grader list.
- Use the Event Level Graders option for a list of Events and Long Events with directly assigned Graders.
Any User, including Students, can be assigned to the Grader role.
Graders will have access to grade exam results, but do not have access to other exam options:
- No access the Exam Manager
- No access to the Exam Access Manager
- No access to the Exam Monitor
- No access to the Exam Discussion tool (in the faculty role)
Graders will have access to a special menu option that will let them grade only text based responses for Exams.
Student-Faculty can be assigned at the Course, Event, or Long Event level. If assigned at the Course level they will Student-Faculty rights to all the Events and Long Events in the Course.
Student-Faculty have the ability to:
- Assign Students at the Event and Long Event level
- Load content at the Course, Event, and Long Event level if assigned to the learning object.
- If assigned at the Course level, Student-Faculty can create new Events and Long Events.
There are three ways to view available Students:
- The default Active Student-Faculty list of Students is comprised of Students who have already been, or are, Student-Faculty.
- The Extended List is comprised of all Students.
- The Add by Search option lets you search all available Students by name.
- To view the Students who have been assigned as Student-Faculty at the Event or Long Event level, select the Event Level Student-Faculty link.
This report shows a list of all Faculty active in a Course, with a count of the number of Events in which they were an instructor.
- The Event count number is a link to a detail list of activity for the instructor.
- You can use the By Event or By Type option to get a detailed grid report of a summary listing of Events taught by Faculty.
- The hours are included even if you have excluded the instructor from the financial model. See the financial model report for hours to be included in the FCT report.
The hours for each instructor are calculated in the following way:
- If a custom time has been assigned, the custom time is used
- If there is not custom time, then the financial time (finTime) for the Event is used
Custom times are assigned in cases where the instructor did not participate for the full length of the Event. Example: A 3 hour demonstration where an instructor is present for 30 minutes.
This Build list is used to assign Clinical Faculty to a Course. The default list of available Faculty presented in this list are Faculty that have already been assigned as Clinical Faculty in other sections of this Course.
- The Extended List available list is all Faculty in the system.
- The Import link will let you import or remove a Users into or out of a Group or User-list.
You can use this build list to assign or remove individual Staff members for this Course. Eligible Staff will be displayed on the left side, and assigned Staff will be displayed on the right side.
When a Staff member is assigned at the Course level, they will have administrative rights to the Course and all of its Events and Long Events.
NOTE: You can also assign Staff at the Event Level if you wish to limit their administrative rights to specific Events. To view a list of Faculty instead of Staff, click Get Extended List.
Faculty Contribution Tracking
This report shows the number of Events, Long Events, and the corresponding contact hours and prep time per Faculty.
Note: The total number of Events and Long Events is actually the total number of times that an instructor was involved in an Event. If more than one instructor was involved with an Event then the Event will be counted multiple times.
This screen is used to set some basic setting for the financial model. It is primarily intended for research Courses and tracking lab fees and mentors.
The settings in this screen will allow you to control various settings that will affect how this course is processed by the Faculty Contribution Tracking (FCT) module.
When a Course is created five standard Groups are created for that Course:
- The Student Group, which contains all of the Students enrolled in the Course
- The Course Director/Coordinator Group which has all of the Course Directors and Coordinators for this Course (updated by the assign Course Director and Coordinator options)
- The Faculty Group, which has all of the instructors in the Course (updated by the assign instructor option)
- The Staff Group (updated by the Staff assignment option)
- The Audit Group, which you need to update manually. This group is a place for people interested and/or involved in the Course that do not belong to any of the other Standard Groups
For detailed information refer to Section: People: Standard Groups
Click Auto Group from Options menu to rebuild the Student, Faculty, Staff, and Course Director Groups.
When you click on the Group name (Main Student, Main Staff, etc) you will be presented with the appropriate tool to manage that type of User.
- You can use the Edit option for each Group to directly edit the Group.
- If you are not familiar with directly editing Groups, you should be careful using this option.
NOTE: If your system has roster information for the Course then the Student Group will be updated and that this rebuild is non-destructive. No one currently in the Group will be removed, but new members will be added.
In order to automate the assignment of Groups to Events, we have a Default Group option. Once you have defined the Default Groups that group setting will be automatically added to a new Event for the Course based on the Event Type.
- You can also push these settings out to existing Events in the Course via the Assign All Groups option.
- If there are Event Types that you plan on adding to the Course, you can use the All Event Types option to add Default Groups for those future Event Types.
For detailed information refer to Section: People: Default Groups
This option lets you manage the Small Group Sets that you have set up for the current Course.
- Each Small Group Set has a parent group, which contains a list of Students.
- Each Small Group Set is a collection of Small Groups that are created from Students in the parent group.
- These groups are then the first groups presented for use when adding groups to Events and Long Events for the current Course.
For detailed information refer to Section: People: Small Groups
For detailed information refer to Section: People: Sharing Small Groups Across Courses/Years
- Create Small Group Set - Use this option to create a new Small Group Set
- Exception Report - Will show list of Students within Small Group Sets who have not been assigned to a Group.
- Individual Group - Will create a Small Group Set with an individual group for every Student in the Course.
- Delete Empty SGS - Will remove all Small Group Sets where no Students have been assigned to a Group
- Unused - Will generate a list of all Small Groups that have not yet been assigned to an Event in the current Course.
- Affiliation - Will generate a Small Group Set with a Small Group for each type of affiliated Students. Use this option if you have Students from multiple years or multiple programs in the same class. The affiliation Small Group Set will let you quickly communicate or organize Events for the various groups.
- Resequence - Will re-order the sequence numbers all subgroups of each Small Group Set using the subgroup number. For example SubGroup-2 will be resequenced to be 2nd in the order of the groups. Any group numbers that don't exist will be skipped and any Groups not in this format will be ordered after any groups that are. If you would like to only resequence the subgroups of one Small Group set then you can launch resequence from the edit menu of that subgroup.
This report shows all enrollment groups in the Course. Enrollment groups indicate that the User is enrolled in the Event in question. Users linked to an Event via an enrollment group will see the Event on their calendar when they select the Only My Enrolled Events in the calendar filter option.
Other than the Standard Groups, only those groups that are actively in use will appear on this report.
- If you have created a Small Group Set, the small groups will not appear in this report until they are actively used in an Event in this Course.
- This report only shows enrollment groups that have been assigned to an Event.
- If a small group was created but never assigned to an Event, it will not be displayed in this report.
This report shows all active groups based on their assignment to Events within this Course.
You can manage these groups from the report, including:
- Editing the groups
- Removing the groups - this does not delete the groups, it just removes the group from all Events in the Course
- Merge groups - this option will let you merge one or more groups into one single group