Manage Exams: Enable Lost Focus Security
The Lost Focus Security feature will lock Students out of an Exam if they attempt to leave the Exam window to access other resources, websites, or software on their computer.
- Students will not be able to leave or tab out of the Exam while this feature is turned on.
- If a Student gets locked out of the Exam, the Exam Administrator will have to unlock the Student's account in order to allow them to re-access the Exam.
- Each instance of a Student getting locked out will be tracked and included in the Locked Users Report.
Path: Home > [Course Screen] > Assessment > Exams > Manage Exams
Select your Exam from Exam Manager listing to open that Exam in the Exam Editor.
- Upon entering the Exam, Students will see the message shown above, which indicates that Lost Focus Security is in effect.
- Students will need to scroll to the bottom of the message and click the link provided to continue to their Exam.
Lock out triggered
- If a Student attempts to tab out or leave the Exam window, the message shown above will appear and the Student will no longer have access to the Exam.
Administrator must grant access
- Upon trying to restart the Exam, the Student will see the message shown above.
- To unlock the exam for students who have triggered the Lost Focus Security feature, navigate to the Course or Event Exam Manager where the Exam exists.
- In the Exam Manager, click the Response(s) link corresponding to the Exam in question.