Import ExamSoft Questions
The PDF Exam Import function can take Exams presented in a PDF format and import them into the System's Exam module. Once the PDF is received, we will parse the PDF. While images, sound files and video do not automatically link to the Exam questions during the import process, you CAN manually link these files to the specific Exam questions after the import and within the Exam Editor.
Formats vary greatly, so you must select the correct options when you are exporting the Exam out of ExamSoft.
- In ExamSoft, select the Print/Export function in the chosen assessment.
- In the Print/Export window, select PDF and any other options that you need to be included.
- Click Print/Export
- The file will download as a .ZIP file.
If your Exam from ExamSoft is in a Word or DOC file, then Save As a PDF or print the DOC as a PDF in order to import into our System.
Path: Courses > [Select Course] > Import > Exam Import (PDF Format)
NOTE: This import can only be done from the Course Screen and not from an Event.
Import ExamSoft into Course
NOTE: If the source of the PDF is not listed in the format list, then contact the Leo Help Desk.
- Select ExamSoft PDF Import as the Format.
- Select the ExamSoft file from the dropdown list
- Title the Exam.
- Click the Import Exam button.
- You will receive a Processing Completed message when your import has been finalized.
- The Exam Editor will automatically open.
- Click the Questions Tab to see all the imported Exam questions.
TIP: Images, sounds files or video do not automatically link to the Exam questions during the import process. You can manually link these files to the specific Exam questions after the import and within the Exam Editor.
To add an attachment:
- Select the Question Tab in the Exam Editor
- In the edit Question column.
- Select the specific question that you want to add an attachment to.
- Select the Prompt Attachment Tab.
- Click Add Exam Import Image.
- Review the images and select the appropriate one for the question prompt.