This tutorial will show you how to set up a Targeted Evaluations.
NOTE: Targeted Evaluations can be put through the Evaluation Workflow process, and will show up as normal in the respective Course-Level workflow.
For more information on the Evaluation Workflow, click here.
This evaluation type is set up by defining a list of evaluator groups and a list of target groups. All evaluators will be required to evaluate everyone in all of the defined target groups.
To create Targeted Evaluations follow the steps below:
Path: Home > Courses > [Course Screen] > Assessment > Evaluations > Targeted Evaluations
The Targeted Evaluation Report provides a list of all Targeted Evaluations for the current course. This evaluation type is set up by defining a list of evaluator groups and a list of target groups. All evaluators will be required to evaluate everyone in all of the defined target groups.
On the Targeted Evaluations screen click on New Targeted Evaluation to build out a new Evaluation record for the course.
- Enter in the Evaluation Template you would like to utilize for this Targeted Evaluation
- Select the From Date and To Date for the time frame the Evaluation should be opened
- Click on the Eval Type drop down and select whether this Targeted Evaluation should be
- Faculty evaluating Students
- Students evaluating Faculty
- Students Peer Evaluation
- Click on the Select Evaluators link and click on the individuals or groups you would like to complete the Evaluation
Based on the Eval Type you selected for the Targeted Evaluation when you click on Select Evaluators the list of Evaluators will either be Faculty or Students who are associated at the Section level of the Course.
- Click on the Select Targets link and click on the individuals or groups you would like to be Evaluated.
Based on the Eval Type you selected for the Targeted Evaluation when you click on Select Targets the list of Evaluatees will either be Faculty or Students who are associated at the Section level of the Course.
- Click Save & Rebuild to create and send out the Evaluation immediately.
Once the Targeted Evaluation has been built, should you have to make any updates to the record, click on the Evaluation Name on the Targeted Evaluations report screen.
NOTE: When you update or modify the Targeted Evaluation record, the changes will be immediate.
Path: Home > Courses > [Course Screen] > Assessment > Evaluations
Manage Students (OR) Manage Instructors
For this example, we will select Manage Students.
Select Student (or Faculty)
Add Individual Evaluation
Single User Assignment
This screen is used to assign an Evaluation to single User.
The following fields are required (*):
- Evaluatee Role: Select what will be evaluated.
- Evaluatee: Select the person or object to be evaluated. Double-click the box to get a full listing of options (options depend on what is selected for Evaluatee Role).
- Evaluation Form: Search for an Evaluation form, or double-click for a drop-down list to choose from.
- Title: (optional) You can set a separate title for this Evaluation, which will appear in addition to the name of the Evaluation.
- Available From: Choose the begin date for the Evaluation's availability.
- Until: Choose the end date for the Evaluation's availability.
When you are ready, click Save Evaluation.
NOTE: The Evaluator will see an Evaluation reminder like any other Evaluation.