Edit Course After Course Rollover
Once you have rolled over a Course using the Course Rollover function, it is sometimes necessary to make broad changes to the Course's Events and/or the Faculty assigned to the Events.
One way to do this is to make the necessary changes to the Course using a downloaded .CSV file and then uploading those changes to the System.
Path: Home > Courses > [Course Screen] > Event > Event Export
Click on the down arrow on the top right hand corner to download the .CSV file.
This screen shot is an example of what the .CSV spreadsheet will look like. All the headers in the spreadsheet are mandatory. Not all fields are required/mandatory to be filled out.
Data Fields (Rows) maybe left blank:
- Event Name
- From (military time)
- To (military time)
- Event Type
- Faculty List
- Source Name
- Source ID
- Specialties (Themes)
- Student Groups
- lcmsPlusID - DO NOT CHANGE THIS FIELD
- Session Objectives
- Staff List
- delGoal = put a "1" in this field to delete object before import
- delGroups = put a "1" in this field to delete object before import
- delNetID = put a "1" in this field to delete object before import
- delStaffNetID = put a "1" in this field to delete object before import
- Core Problems
- delEventFlag = put a "1" in this field to delete object before import
- Mandatory Flag - "1" = mandatory; "0" = mandatory flag off
- Display Faculty Names
- Display Staff Names
Path: Admin Toolbar > Advanced > Data Entry > Data Import > Events
- Click Browse and choose the .CSV file you have edited
- Upload the file.
- Then click Save File to upload the spreadsheet.
- Confirm the Upload
- You will receive another message confirming no errors were found. Click OK to continue.
Your Events will now appear in a report for previewing.
Once you have reviewed the changes you will need to Validate and Import them into the System.
NOTE: If an Event in your spreadsheet already exists in the System (duplicate), it will not import again (and you will not see it in the preview report).
Select your desired Course
This is a list of all imported Events. The most recently imported Events are shown first.
- Anytime you import a set of Events, the Events come into the system marked as Tentative (i.e. not visible to Students).
- The Events are marked with a (T), indicating that they are Tentative.
Click Close after reviewing.
Path: Home > Courses > [Course Screen] > Events > Event Management