Exam Editor: Home Tab
This screen is used to define the basic behavior of your Exam.
- Name: Of the Exam you created or selected to edit.
- Display Type: Defines how the Exam will be displayed when first opened
- GO Version: Defines the Goals and Objectives Version that will be used to tag the questions in this Exam.
- Assessed: YES or NO toggle.
- Password: Can be used to enter a password required to before taking the Exam.
- Remove Submit Option: If set to YES, will replace the submit button with an exit button, and Students will be able to take the Exam for as Long as it is available.
- SIF: (Super-immediate Feedback) displays an explanation as questions are answered.
- Attestation: If selected, will display attestation form before Exam
- Scratch Off: YES or NO to using the Scratch Off display format and scoring.
- Use Blocks: YES or NO, activates Blocks for organizing questions, this can not be used with a Scratch Off Exam.
- Display in Blocks: If Yes, then questions will be grouped in their blocks and displayed accordingly. If No, then questions will be displayed in the standard format.
- Enable CTRL Keys: By default, CTRL Keys and the right mouse button are disabled for Students taking an Exam (Set to NO). They are enabled for Administrators who take an Exam. If you set this option to YES then Students will be able to use CTRL keys and the right click button. This will let them do things like cut and paste and print.
- Deleted: Deletes Exam and deletes all data associated with the Exam
Auto-Redirect Settings: When a Student logs in to the System, by default, we check to see if they have any active Exams that are about to start. If they do, we redirect them automatically to the Exam Portal so that they can get started. You can override this behavior for this particular Exam in this setting.
Instructions are optional and will be displayed at the top of the exam, but can be minimized by the student.
- Use the WYSIWYG editor to type your instructions.
- Save Instructions
This screen is used to set the flags that will determine what, if any, feedback is given to Students at the end of the Exam or when the Exam feedback is provided via a link on the source Event or Course screen.
The Successful Completion Link is for custom code modules.
- You should not enter any data in this field unless you are working with a Programmer or Sysadmin or have information from those sources.
The Preserve Feedback HTML option, if set to YES, will tell the system to not remove HTML formatting from feedback text.
- If you choose this option you should test the feedback view to ensure that any special formatting you have included does not disrupt the display of the feedback.
NOTE: Scratch-Off Exams do NOT have the immediate feedback display.
The Advanced Exam Options screen allows you to customize the Exam even further through as series of YES/NO questions:
- Use questions groups if available?: Y/N toggle
- Randomize questions: Y/N toggle
- Randomize responses: Y/N toggle
- Required: Y/N toggle
- Set Lost Focus Security: Y/N toggle. This prevents Students from opening another browser window
- Lost Focus Password: This allows for a password to unlock a Student's Exam.
- Exclude from RCard (Gradebook): Y/N toggle
- Do not allow others edit: Y/N toggle
This prevents Faculty from accessing the Exams/Surveys and protects Student's anonymity.
The Exam Type assigned to the Exam lets other options in the System know if this Exam can be used. The Standard Type is Exam.
If you are not sure which type to use, just use the Exam type.
NOTE: There should only be one Exam Type assigned to a given Exam. If you assign more than one Exam Type the results are unpredictable.
This feature will create a copy of the existing Exam, including all questions and attachments. You can specify if you wish to copy Event or Course links, and Group associations. The Cloned Exam will contain all copies of all questions and responses.
Costs can be entered for Student responses to the questions.
Summary notes can be added to questions.