Welcome to the Faculty Overview of Leo, powered by DaVinci Education! The sections below will provide a short introduction to some of the many features that our System offers for Faculty.
Their are three main tabs on the landing page or Home. Your view will be of the Calendar but you can also access the Courses and Search Tabs at the top of the screen
The main User Interface (UI) is based around the Calendar. The Faculty Calendars are very similar to Student Calendars.
- The Calendar opens to today's date. and it is scrollable.
- The Calendar can be organized by: Day, Week, Month, or List views. Filters can be applied to the Calendar, you can add personal Events and access More.
- Related Materials are organized on the right side panel and can be downloaded all at once or you can select specific items to download.
- Events are organized by time and place as well as color coded by Event Type. Hover over an Event to see of preview info screen about the Event.
For more detailed information about the Calendar, please refer to the Calendar article.
Users can search across the curriculum by using a keyword and/or Boolean search. The three Boolean operators are AND, OR and NOT.
A number of built-in advanced filters are also available to help widen or narrow search fields and display options.
Clicking on the Advanced Icon toggles the screens between the Advanced Search and Search.
This screen allows you to set Filters which will be used to determine what is displayed on your Calendar. Depending on the how your system has been configured, some of the fields may not be present in your search Filter.
The most common filter is the Only events in which I am enrolled or Only events in which I am an instructor option. This make the Calendar ignore any Events in which you are not directly involved.
All of the other Filters are used to focus on a given set of events that can be defined by:
- Event Type
- School Year
- Broadcast (Optional: This is not a default option)
By clicking on the lock icon you can lock your default course year into the filter. Click on the lock icon again to remove your default course year.
Clicking the Use Your Defaults button will clear the filters you see, and will load the default values currently saved in Your Profile.
You can always remove the filters you have set with the Clear Filters button.
Personal Events are private Events that you can create and only you can see, unless you specifically share them with others.
The following fields are required in order for the System to create the Event:
- Begin and end time
- Save Personal Event
The More feature allows you to toggle off or on weekends, see various reports and print your Calendar.
This chart shows the colors codes used in the Calendar along with a description of where the color is used.
Messages can be sent as Emails and/or as Announcements from within a Section or Event. Messages can either be sent to Groups via the Section or Event screens, or to individuals as an Email from the Inbox.
- A red indicator shows this message is new, you haven't seen it in your Inbox before.
- An orange indicator shows that the message is high priority.
- If the message is bold, this means that you haven't read it yet. Click any row to view the message.
For more detailed information: refer to the Inbox article.
The Activity report will notify you of any actionable information you need to know, such as updates/changes to upcoming Events, new documents, upcoming or due Exams or Evaluations and Lotteries or Sign Ups
Possible content in the Activity screen:
- Event Cancellation or rescheduling (in close to real time)
- Evaluation Due
- Event Changes due to a Group being added/dropped from an Event.
- Event Changes due to Group membership changes
- Long Event changes
- Notification of being added or removed from a Course
- New Discussion and/or new comments
The Activity icon will automatically populate with a small number in a red box, indicating how many new or unread Activities you have.
- Portrait listing: This report displays Students Academic Portraits that you have access to.
- Profile: Edit your personal account settings
- Exam Portal: Exam access portal
- Eval Portal: Evaluation access portal
- Sign Out: Sign out of your Account
This report displays Student Academic Portraits that you have access to. In order to have access to a student's Academic Portrait, you must be assigned as their Mentor in the system.
To view a portrait, click on the student's name.
TIP: For more detailed information refer to the article Portrait Listing.
This special purpose screen will show you all of the exams that are available in the current day.
You will only be able to take an exam if is either:
- Open all day
- The current time is after the begin time and before the end time
The Evaluations Portal can be used to access all active and open Evaluations which you need to complete. To access the Evaluations Portal click on your profile photo in the top right corner and select Eval Portal on the Account Menu.
The Evaluations Portal Link will take you to a report which shows all of the active and open evaluations you need to complete for the current day.
In the Evaluation Portal you will have the ability to access and complete evaluations.
Click on the Evaluation you would like to take. Once the Evaluation has been submitted the Evaluations Portal will update the list of open Evaluations.
When you are finished taking the evaluation or multiple evaluations, you can log out by clicking on the log out icon in the top right hand corner of your screen or return to the Leo System by clicking on the ->] return icon.