This screen is used to manage the materials for your Event. Materials, in this context, consists of:
- Electronic document/s uploaded to the System (Multi File or Single)
- SCORM content (Surveys or quizzes made from Captivate, Articulate, Presenter or other software)
- Links to external (or internal) web sites
Complete the walk-through tutorial below to learn how to upload materials to an event in Leo. Click here to open the walk-through in a new window.
Faculty Uploading Materials
From the Event Screen, use either method to upload materials.
- Manage Materials > Manage Uploads
Material Management Screen
- Use the Materials Management Screen Menu items to upload Event materials/content.
- Use the Column headings links to further define your materials.
- NOTE: Hover your mouse over the menu links to read a fuller description of their functions.
(1) Content Menu
- Multi File Upload: Upload multiple files at one time.
- Add File: Upload an individual file
Add SCORM: Quiz creating software. Save the file to a SCORM 1.2 zip file for importing to Leo.
- For more detailed information, refer to Section Level: Materials
- Add Web Link: Directly link URL's to your Event materials.
- Deleted: Switches the view to deleted content records
- Categories: Lets you create new categories or update categories that you authored
- Import: Links to the Curriculum Link function that allows you to search and use content from other Events/Courses within Leo.
- Restricted: Show all possible restrictions to access, such as date, time, etc
- Authors: A report detailing the authors and uploaders of the content with an option to update the author and uploader
- Close: Closes the screen.
(2) Content Column Headers
- Name (Edit): Edit the document's name
- Category: Group together related documents within the Event under a title or heading
- Seq #: Defines the order in which a document will be displayed within a category. If two or more documents have the same sequence then they will be sorted by their title.
- FO: Faculty Only documents, hidden from Students.
- View: Displays icon based on document format. Click on the icon to download the file. Hover over the icon to see doc title.
- Scores: Shows if there are scores returned by SCORM content
- DEL: Delete a document
- Supp: Supplemental materials
- Shared: Check here to share with a linked Event.
- History: Click here to view a history of downloads, and to see which Students have not yet viewed the content.
- G&O: The number program objectives linked to the content record.
- Author: The number of authors assigned to the content.
- Group: The number of access groups assigned. If no access groups are assigned then normal access rules apply. If access groups are assigned then only users in the assigned groups will have access to the content.
- Author: Begin typing the author's name (this field is optional)
- Shared Document: Check the box to share with another Linked Event.
- File Password: Optional. This defines the password if required for this file.
- Faculty Only: Check if this is a Faculty Only document
- Check Box: Set Time Restrictions, Date Range and Event Time if applicable.
- Continue to File Upload
Best Practices Tip: Since materials/documents are included in search results, it is a good idea to preface the title of the document with a course-identifying abbreviation (ex. GYNO-100 Student Manual). When search results are read, a user can immediately know what Course the document is from.
Click Add File or Add SCROM to add a single file or a SCORM file to the Event's Materials.
Browse for File
- Select File: Browse for the File
- Title: This will be displayed to Students in their materials list. NOTE: Adding a title will not change the file name.
- Save File
- Shared Document: Place a check in the box Ii the file is to be shared with another Event
- Advanced Options: See image below
This screen is used to control how, when, and whom this content will be displayed. If no options are set, then the content is available to everyone who has access to the Event. If you wish to control who can access the document and when they can access it, then you will need to set the time and group restrictions for this document.
- You can return to the Manage Uploads screen by clicking Your upload was successful - click to exit.
- Or choose to upload another file by selecting Click here to Upload another document.
This option lets you create web link for use as content in your Event.
Note that the URL you enter has to be fully formed, which means that it must begin with http:// or https://
Fill out the required fields (*), then click Save Record to continue.
- URL (*): Enter the complete URL
- Link Title (*): The title for this content that will be displayed in the Event screen
- Description: This is where you can add a short description for your weblink
- Lead Author: Lead author for this web page
- No Time Restriction, Date Range, Event Time+/-: Define Student access
- Faculty Only: Set this field to Yes if you would like this weblink to be available to faculty only
- Password: You can password-protect this weblink. Students and faculty will be prompted to input this password in order to click the weblink.
- Display Order: This field determines where in the list this weblink will be displayed. The smaller the number, the higher up on the list it will appear.
- Overlay: If set to yes, then the link will be opened in overlay on top of the Event screen rather than in a new window.
- Save Record
- Mark as Deleted: Setting this option to YES will remove the content from active use
In the Event’s Materials screen, you can create a weblink to another Event in the Course.
Here's an example: an instructor wants to reference materials from another Event in the Course to the current Event, They would need to use that Event's specific URL.
First Find the Event URL
Path: Courses > [Select Course] > Section Level > Events > Manage Events > [Select Event]