Competencies: Cloning a Competency Set
When adding a new set of goals and objectives to a curriculum, you may want to map it to competencies prior to activating it.
A competency set can only be mapped to one set of goals and objectives at a time.
By following this procedure, you can clone your existing competency set in order to map your new goals and objectives without disrupting your current curriculum mapping.
Path: Admin Toolbar > Curriculum Mapping > Organization > Competencies > Competency Set Manager
Select the Competency Count for the one you want to clone.
Click XML link
Export Competency Set
- Choose Download directly to your device.
- Save File
Competency Set Manager
Navigate back to Admin Toolbar > Curriculum Mapping > Organization > Competencies
- Select Competency Set Manager.
- Click Add Competency Set
Add Competency Set
- G&O Version: Choose version for the new Competency Set link. (This G&O Version must exist prior to this step.)
- Name: Create a name for the cloned Competency Set that will signal its relationship to the new G&O set.
- Save Record.
NOTE: For more information on how to create a new Goals and Objectives version, see How to create a new Goals and Objectives G&O Version.
Select Competency Set
- Click Select Competency Set.
- Select the version just created from the dropdown menu.
- Click Run Report.
Import XML file
- Click Import.
- Select Upload data from a file.
- Browse to find your previously download XML file.
- Save File
The file will be scanned for viruses, this can take a few moments.
Click to Continue