Competencies are program or accreditation-level measures. You can have your own institution-based competencies in addition to PCRS, ACGME, NBME, etc.
This article will walk you through the steps required to create a new Competency Set in Leo.
NOTE: Before you continue, you must make sure there is an existing G&O Version to link to the new competency set.
Path: Admin Toolbar > Curriculum Mapping > Organization > Competencies > Competency Set Manager
This option allows you manage a Competency Set linked to a given G&O version. Multiple competency sets can be linked to one G&O version: This is to allow you to map competencies for different accreditation bodies.
- Select Competency Version
- Click Run Report
Competency Set Menu
This report allows you to manage the Competencies that are linked to the current Competency Set. All Competencies must be linked to the same G&O version. However, you can have multiple Competency Sets that reference the same G&O version.
The XML and Import options are used to import and export elements for this Competency Set. The XML option will import a data set from your defined authoritative repository or from a file generated by an Leo Competency export.
If you are using a Competency Set for curricular reporting, then it is important that every Objective in the linked G&O set is linked to at least one of the Competencies in the Competency Set. Use the G&O Exception reporting option to find all of the unlinked Objectives. You can link those Objectives to their appropriate Competencies directly from this report.
NOTE: You can generate an Event Detail report by clicking Excel icon for each Competency. The Excel export routine will let you choose an academic and School Year and generate a list of all events with Objectives linked to the selected Competency.
- New: Use this option to add a new Competency to this Competency Set.
- Link: Use this option to link existing competencies to this Competency Set.
- G&O Exception: This report shows all of the objectives in G&O Version linked to the current competency that have not yet been linked to a competency in the competency set.
- Sets: Return to the Competency Set Manager.
- Domains: The Domain is used to organize the Competencies within a pre-defined taxonomy that is often defined by the accreditation body for your discipline.
- EPAs: This report shows the defined Core Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs) for the current Competency Set.
- Detail: This report shows a competency set and lists each goal and objective linked to each competency.
- Deleted: View any Deleted competencies.
- XML: Will create an .xml document containing the competencies in this set.
- Import: This option will take an XML file that contains data for a competency set and import it into the currently selected competency set.
NOTE: If you are using this competency set for Curriculum Mapping/Reporting, you must make sure that every objective in the G&O set is linked to at least one competency in the Competency Set.
This report shows the list of active competency sets on your system. From here you can create a new competency set or edit the settings for a current competency set.
The following fields are required (*):
- G&O Version: The Goals and Objectives Version which the new competency set will pull from.
- Name: The name of your new competency set.
- Click Save Record.
NOTE: If no G&O Versions have been created in your system, see article on How to create a new Version of Goals and Objectives (G&O) for instructions.
- Click the Competency Count number to add new competencies to your set.
A core competency can be linked to any objective that belongs to the same Goal & Objective version as the Competency Set for the competency being edited.
Unlike the G&O structure, a competency can link to any objective (in the G&O Version) and the objective can link back to multiple competencies.
(1) New Core Competency
This screen defines a Core Competency for use with a specific version of your Goals and Objectives as defined by a Competency Set. Because Core Competencies are linked to the Goal and Objective Version and a Competency Set you can create an unlimited collection of competency sets. This allows you to define different competencies for different programs within your system, or multiple competencies within a program.
The following fields are required (*):
- Name: The name of this competency.
- Click Save Record to save and continue.