CI Assessment Methods
The CI Assessment Methods report is used to map CI Assessment Methodologies to your organization's Assessment Methodologies.
- This is a two-part process where the Event Types used by your organization must first be linked to an Assessment Method. Then those Assessment Methods must be linked to your accrediting body's Assessment Methods.
- If your Assessment Methods already match the official list, then you can use the Automap option to link the records together. If your Assessment Methods DO NOT match the official list, then you will have to manually match the methods from each list.
- For the CI Report, all Event Types must be linked to at least one Instructional OR one Assessment Method.
While you can map both Instructional and Assessment Methodologies to an Event Type, any Event with both an Instructional Methodology and an Assessment Methodology will be considered Instructional for the purposes of your CI report. This is a function of the AAMC Curriculum Inventory report itself, outside of the control of Leo.
NOTE: Adding a new Assessment Method can break your export to your accrediting body.
For this reason, you should NOT add a new Assessment Method unless you are sure that the record should be changed.
Part One: Event Types
Please refer to the article on adding an Event Type and linking it to AM or IM in Course Management: Course Settings: Events > Event Types
Part Two: CI Assessment Methods
Path: Admin Toolbar > Curriculum Mapping > Curriculum Inventory > CI Assessment Methods
(1.) In the Mapped Assessment Methods column you can view and edit the selected Assessments by clicking on the number.
(2.) Menu links for CI Assessment Methods:
- Add: This option will let you create a new record. This is an official CI list, so be certain that you need to add the record.
- Automap: This option will link all matching local and CI Assessment types.
- Unmap All: This option will clear all of the links to local records.
- XML: Use this option to save your current data as an XML file.
- Import: Use this option to import new or updated records from an external XML file.
- Deleted: Use this option to review deleted records
The required fields (*) are:
- Save Record
Click YES to continue with Automapping
This option will generate an XML document containing a list of the Accreditor Assessment Methods (active and deleted) in this set.
This option will take an XML file that contains data for Accreditor Assessment Methods and import into Leo.