CI: Sequence Blocks
This report will show you all of the Sequence Blocks for the selected Program and Academic Year.
Path: Admin Toolbar > Curriculum Mapping > Curriculum Inventory > Sequence Blocks > [Select Program] > [Select Year]
From this screen you can do the following:
- Create new Sequence Blocks
- Map Courses to existing Sequence Blocks
- Map Sequence Blocks to additional Sequence Blocks.
NOTE: Only Courses included in a Sequence Block will be included in your curriculum report.
1. Sequence Blocks menu:
- Add: Click here to add a new Sequence Block to this report.
- Tree View: Click here to manage the Sequence Blocks using a visual layout tool. Please refer to CIR Tree View
- Detail List: This will generate a list of all Courses that have been assigned to the Sequence Blocks. There is also link to the Exceptions Report.
- Exceptions: This is a list of all Courses for the Program and Year that have NOT been added to the Sequence Block
- No Type: Click here to see a list of active Course Templates with no Course Type. Course Templates without a Course Type will create an exception in the CI report.
- No Objectives: This will display a list of Courses included in the report that are missing Objectives.
- Course Info: Click to view a list containing the dates offered for each Course included in the report.
- Deleted: This option will show you all of the deleted Sequence Blocks for this report. You can restore deleted Sequence Blocks using this report.
- Rollover: Copy a Sequence Block set from a different year into the current year. For more info on a Course Rollover within a Sequence Blocks, refer to this article.
- Delete All: Click here to remove all current Sequence Blocks.
2. Column Info
- Name: Click the Name to edit this Sequence Block.
- Mapped Courses: Click this link to view Courses mapped to this Year
- Mapped Sequence Blocks: Click this link to map a nested Sequence Block to a Sequence Block
To map Courses to a Sequence Block, click the number under the Mapped Courses column for the row of the Sequence Block you wish to map.
- Select from the Available column
- Set Course Options
- Selected Courses
Set Course Options:
- Required: Required, Optional, Required In Track.
- Order: Ordered, Unordered, Parallel. Leave this as Ordered. If you think you need to change this option, please contact support.
- Clerkship Model: If the Course is not a clerkship, select Not a Clerkship. If this Course is a clerkship, select Rotation or Integrated to reflect your Clerkship Type.
Order of Occurrence: The value of this option indicates in what order this Course occurs within the Sequence Block. 1=1st, 2=2nd, 3=3rd, etc.
- This option is only available if the Sequence Block you are mapping Courses to has an Order setting of Ordered. Parallel and Unordered Sequence Block will not have an Order of Occurrence property.
Once you have set the options for the Course click OK to add the Course.
If you wish to edit the options for a Course you have already added to a Sequence Block, right click the Course in the Selected Sequence column to display the Course options dialog.
To remove a Course from a Sequence Block, left click the Course name.
Mapped Sequence Blocks
To map a nested Sequence Block to a Sequence Block, click the number under the Mapped Sequence Blocks column of the row you wish to map.
Add CI Sequence Block
When creating a new Sequence Block, the following options are available:
- Name: The name of the Sequence Block.
- Description: A brief description of what the Sequence Block represents.
- School Year: The school year in which the Sequence Block takes place.
Minimum: This is the minimum number of items from this Sequence Block Students may take.
- For optional Courses/electives, the value is 0. If the Sequence Block indicates selective Courses, indicate the minimum number of selectives.
- Maximum: This is the maximum number of items from this Sequence Block Student may take.
- Required: Indicates if the Sequence Block is a required part of the curriculum.
- Track: Indicates whether this Sequence Block is a track within the curriculum.
Order: Indicates how the items are delivered to the Students. Values are as follows:
- Ordered - The items in this Sequence Block need to be taken in a set order.
- Unordered - The items in this Sequence Block do not need to be taken in a set order.
- Parallel - The items in the Sequence Block are given in parallel.
Note: If Required is Required or Required by Track, the the minimum number of Blocks/Courses must be at least one. As well, the minimum value cannot be greater the maximum value.
The Tree View give you a graphic depiction of the Report View. You can add a Sequence Block from the Tree view.