This option lets you search for a Group by name or description, or allows you to find Groups by running a number of different reports.
There is also a option for rebuilding the Core Groups, which are the Faculty, Staff, and Student Groups.
Path: Home > Admin Toolbar > People > Groups > Group Management
This screen is used to manage a Group, which includes:
- The security level of the Group
- The Course that to which the Group is linked (optional)
- The members of the Group
The build list is used to add and remove Users one at a time.
NOTE: If this is a Student enrollment Group, you should add Users by creating a roster record in the Course screen.
This report shows all active non-personal Groups in your system. Active Groups are all Groups that are not deleted. This report does include Groups with no assigned Users.
NOTE: Personal Groups are Groups created by and for a specific user.
Edit Group Options
Options in Edit Group:
- Users: Presents a build-list to manage the Users in this Group
- Admins: Administrators of this Group
- Events: List of events linked to this Group
- Types: Define the Group type(s)
- Roster: A detailed list of the Users in the Group
- Clone: Make a copy of this Group
- Copy User: Copy Users from other Groups into this Group
- Affiliation: Copy Users in this Group based on user affiliation
- Set Profile: Set profile options on all Users in the Group
- Composite: Generate a photo composite of the Users in the Group
- Import: Import a list of Users into the Group based on netID or any other standard user ID set
- Export: Export a list of netIDs for the Users in this Group
- Clear: Clear all Users from the Group
- Merge: Merge this Group with another Group. This Group will remain after the merge
Add/Remove Users from Group
For more information on adding and removing Users from a Group, refer to the article Add/Remove Users from Group
The Group Purge option looks for all Groups that are linked to a Courses or Course Templates where the Course or Course Template record is deleted. Once the Courses to which these Groups are linked are no longer valid there is no reason to keep these Groups around any more. This report will allow you to review the list and then delete the Groups one at a time or in bulk.