This option lets you search for a Group by name or description, or allows you to find Groups by running a number of different reports and you can also add a new Group
There is also a option for rebuilding the Core Groups, which are the Faculty, Staff, and Student Groups.
Path: Admin Toolbar > People > Groups > Group Management
NOTE: If this is a Student enrollment Group, you should add Users by creating a roster record in the Course screen.
This screen is used to manage a Group, which includes:
- Group Name: (*)Type in the name of the Group
- Course: The Course that to which the Group is linked (optional)
- Description: Add a description of your Group
- Security Level: (*) This sets the security level of the entire Group
- School Year: Select from the drop down menu
- Academic Year: Select from the drop down menu
- Active flag: YES/NO toggle
- Enrollment Group: YES/NO toggle. Use YES when you want Students to be enrolled in Courses or Events by this Group Name.
- Owner: *No Valid User* (This is the owner of the Group, normally this is reserved for Personal Groups)
- Save Group
- Deleted: YES/NO toggle
Assign Group Type
Once you have clicked Save Group
- You will have to assign a Group Type to the Group, click OK
- This example is a Student Group, so the Student Group Type will be assigned to the Selected Group Types
- Click the square in the upper right corner to save and close this screen and return you to the New Group Record
To assign Users click on the Affiliation Link
- Begin typing the name of the Affiliation that you want to associate with these Users.
- In this example, there were 59 Students in the Med3 Group
- Refine the members of this group by checking or unchecking Users
- Click Add Users to Group
This report shows all active non-personal Groups in your system. Active Groups are all Groups that are not deleted. This report does include Groups with no assigned Users.
NOTE: Personal Groups are Groups created by and for a specific user.
Edit Group Options
Options in Edit Group:
- Users: Presents a build-list to manage the Users in this Group
- Admins: Administrators of this Group
- Events: List of events linked to this Group
- Types: Define the Group type(s)
- Roster: A detailed list of the Users in the Group
- Clone: Make a copy of this Group
- Copy User: Copy Users from other Groups into this Group
- Affiliation: Copy Users in this Group based on user affiliation
- Set Profile: Set profile options on all Users in the Group
- Composite: Generate a photo composite of the Users in the Group
- Import: Import a list of Users into the Group based on netID or any other standard ID set
- Export: Export a list of netIDs for the Users in this Group
- Clear: Clear all Users from the Group
- Merge: Merge this Group with another Group. This Group will remain after the merge
Add/Remove Users from Group
For more information on adding and removing Users from a Group, refer to the article Add/Remove Users from Group
The Group Purge option looks for all Groups that are linked to a Courses or Course Templates where the Course or Course Template record is deleted. Once the Courses to which these Groups are linked are no longer valid there is no reason to keep these Groups around any more. This report will allow you to review the list and then delete the Groups one at a time or in bulk.