About Signup Tool
The definition of a Sign Up, is where Students pick an available Event or Group from a list. Once that item has been selected, the Student is done.
The Signup Tool allows Students to choose only one of a given number of choices. There is no rank ordering for Sign-ups; they are based on a first come, first serve selection.
Events generally use our Signup feature:
- Events: If there is just one Event to be signed up for (ex: A Simulation Center exercise) then use this option.
- Long Events: As with standard Events, if Students are signing up for just one Long Event, then use this option. If signing up for multiple Long Events then you should use the Group option.
If the Signup has been activated in your system, the Activity Icon (Bell) will have a red number on it.
Path: Admin Toolbar > Curriculum Management > Lotteries/Signups > Open Signup Report
This report shows a list of open Signups and Lotteries for a given status. You can edit or review each Signup in the list.
The statuses are:
- Add New: This option is used to create a new Signup.
- Open: This is every Signup that is not finalized, deleted, or in preview mode.
- Preview: These Signups have been run, but the results have not been used to update the Elements (Sections, Events, Long Event, or Groups) in the Lottery.
- Finalized: These Signups have been run and the Students placed in the Elements they were awarded.
- Deleted: These Signups have been deleted. You can un-delete these Signups if you want.
- Edit: Edit a Signup by clicking on the Name
NOTE: In order to set up a Signup, first you need to set up the Elements that will make up the Signup.
These are referred to as the Elements.
- Events: This is applicable for one or more Events (ex. a Simulation Center exercises).
- Groups: This is used for a set of Events to be taken as a Group.
- Courses: This is applicable for a Course. This option does not have any logic for prerequisites.