Event: Discussion Menu
This screen allows you create or manage a Discussion. Each discussion must have a title and a Group of people who can participate in the Discussion.
By default, the following people are automatically included:
- Any students linked to the current Event, Long Event, or Course screen
- Any instructors linked to the screen
- The Course Directors and Coordinators
- Any staff assigned to the Course
If you are an administrator, you can modify the list of Users.
Start a Discussion
- Title: This is not a unique field, but you are encouraged to make your discussion name distinctive.
- Instructions: This field is provided for you to enter instructions about the discussion. The instructions will be displayed at the top of the discussion thread.
- Public: The default is No. A private (non-public) discussion is only accessible to users who have been directly assigned to the discussion. Private discussions are also gradeable by faculty.
- Journal Club: This field will turn on additional options for journal clubs.
- Save Record: Saves and launches the Discussion Board to the Event.
- Deleted: Default is No. If set to Yes, then the discussion is no longer available.
Public= Yes: A Public discussion will allow any User who has access to the Event to have access to the Discussion. However, public discussions cannot be graded.