Start new discussions that are associated with participants in the Course/Section. This is available to all Users.
Path: Courses > [Select Course] > Discussions
Path: Courses > [Select Course] > Discussion > Options > New Discussion
This screen allows you create or manage a Discussion. Each Discussion must have a title and a group of people who can participate in the discussion.
By default, the following people are automatically included:
- Any Student linked to the current Event, Long Event, or Course/Section
- Any Faculty or Instructors linked
- The Course Directors and Coordinators
- Any Staff that is assigned
NOTE: If you are an Administrator, you can modify the list of Users.
- Title: Please choose a Name/Tittle for the Discussion. This field is required (*)
- Instructions: Use the WYSIWYG editor, which has tools that allow you to embed video.
- Public: Yes/No toggle. Yes = Open to ALL Users in Course/Section
- Save Record
- Read the Discussion post
- Reply to the post
- Create a new Topic
TIP: The replies will be viewable once you click the + Sign next to [Reply]
Editing a Discussion Board
Students can reply, edit or delete their posts and replies in a Discussion.
Reply: Click on the Reply option of a post to continue the conversation under that topic.
Edit: Should a User need to modify their content on the Discussion Board they will be able to Click Edit.
[X]: Click this icon if you would like to remove your post on the Discussion Board.