Question Types define the basic functionality of a question in an Exam. It determine how it is displayed, how it is graded, and, in some cases, how special functionality related to the Question Type is used.
NOTE: In general, you should not modify this list.
Path: Admin Toolbar > Assessment > Exams > Question Types
- Active Types: Current Question Types available, edit the Type by clicking on the Name.
- New Question Type: Click link to create a new Question Type
- Deleted Types: Any questions linked to these Question Types will no longer be available.
- Deprecated Types: These questions will function, but you will not be able to create a new Exam using Depreciated Question Types. Eventually, these Question Types may become invalid.
Add/Edit Question Type
- Type Name: Required field (*)
- Description: Describe the Question Type (optional but extremely useful)
- Structured: NO = The answer requires expert evaluation
- Multiple Answers: YES = Can have multiple answers at the same time
- Range Values: YES = The System will auto assign values to the results
- A/R Flag: YES = All responses must be correct
- Matching: YES = Matching type question
- Free Response: YES = Free response text field
- Deprecated: YES = No longer available for new Exams
- Deleted: YES = The Question Type has been deleted.