A Response Set is a pre-defined set of responses that can be used for any question in an evaluation. Response sets can come in handy when you want a the answers to a question to be simple. An example of this could be the following responses: Strongly Agree, Agree, Neutral, Disagree, Strongly Disagree. This is a typical example of an evaluation response set.
This article will show you how to create a new Response Set for your evaluations.
Path: Admin Toolbar > Assessment > EvaluationS > Response Set > Add New Response Set
Step 2: Select a question
- Enter a Response Set Name. This can be used for multiple evaluations
- Click Save Record.
Step 3: Add New Response Set
- Click Options and Add New Response Set.
Step 4: Define Responses
- Define the responses in the set, making sure to give them a Sequence (order) and Value.
- The Value will be used when calculating scores for any evaluations sent to the Gradebook and to enable statistical analysis on Evaluation reports.
- Click Save Response and repeat to create more responses in the set.
By attaching Values to your Response Sets you will be able to get the most out of Evaluation reporting. Should you not assign a Value to the Response Set a value of zero will be assigned. A Value of zero will read as an “n/a” response, in terms of including it in statistical analysis reports.
Completed Response Set
Now you can use your response set
Now that you have completed your new Response Set, you can use this set at any time as the response set for an evaluation question.