Export Eval Responses
This screen will generate a CSV export of all your Evaluation Responses.
If you have ODBC access to your Leo database, you can also generated the SQL for the export in case you would like to change the fields or set up an automated export process.
Student evaluation data in this report will remain de-identified as long as your Leo Administrator has enabled the "De-identify Student Reports" option in your Account Manager settings. Student names, IDs, email, etc. will be de-identified. However, student responses/comments to free text questions will always be visible on this report.
This report also conforms to the N < X rule setting the Account Manager. If the number of evaluation forms is less than the number designated in your Account Manager, the resulting export will not contain any evaluation data.
Path: Admin Toolbar > Assessment > Evaluations > Export Eval Responses
This is a required (*) field. Select the export version. Each version exports the same data but has different data columns.
- Standard: In this format evaluations are exported by response (i.e. each row is represents a single response from each item on an evaluation form). So, if an evaluation form had five questions and was completed 5 times, there will be 25 rows of responses in the exported spreadsheet. This format is especially helpful for analysis of single questions across evaluators/evaluatees.
- Abbreviated: This format is the same as the standard format but does not include a column for "ResponseNum" or Response Number (the number of the response that was chosen).
- Simplified: This format transposes the data so that each row is representative of a single form submission. So, if an evaluation form was submitted five times, there will only be five rows of data (regardless of the number of responses). Subsequent columns in the report will list the questions and responses for the evaluation form. This report is helpful when analyzing the performance of individual evaluatees.
NOTE: If you select the Simplified format for this report, you have the option to export for each question on the evaluation form either the response text, response value, or response comments (applies to rubric questions only). See image below.
TIP: If you need to export the responses to "Text" questions, you'll need to make sure that "Responses" is checked.
ALERT: This report also includes Summary evaluation forms/responses as well. These are designated in the Standard and Abbreviated format in the "SummaryStatus" column, and in the Simplified format summary forms are designated with an * in the "Summary" column.
- Include Response Text, Include Value, Include Rubric Comments: Check boxes to include or remove specified values in the export
- Include Extra Fields: Check box to include Evaluation Name, Course Begin, Course End date columns in report.
- Program Required (*): This is required
- Eval Type: Select a specific Evaluation Type or leave blank and receive all types.
- Academic Year: Optional (used to refine results)
- School Year: Optional (used to refine results)
- Campus: Optional (used to refine results)
- Course Template: Optional (used to refine results)
- Section: Optional (used to refine results)
- Include Incomplete: Check box to download partiality complete Evaluations.
- Summarized data only: Check box to bulk export summary Evaluation data
Refresh Eval List Button
- Eval Form Required (*): Select the form from which you would like to export responses. The first number listed indicates the number of forms that have been submitted, the second number indicates the number of incomplete forms (i.e. partially completed, not submitted forms).
When exporting rubric style evaluation data, both the Include Value and Include Rubric comments check box must be enabled to populate rubric comments in the report.
- NOTE: As you pick your Program, then more filters will appear for you to select.
- TIP: The more filters you select, the faster you can find the data set you are looking for.
- After you have made your filtered selections
- Click on the Refresh Eval List button to view the matching Evaluations.
- If there are no Evaluations, then you will have to adjust your filters and try again.
Once you see your list of Evals you can select:
- Download Spreadsheet
- Generate SQL
- Reset Filters
Be sure to choose, "Refresh Eval List" after making any changes to your filters, format version, etc. before downloading additional evaluation response data.