When setting up multiple choice and multiple select questions in an Evaluation, there is an option to flag one or more responses as Triggers. We generally define a Trigger response as one that would require immediate or timely intervention.
During an Evaluation when a User selects a Trigger response, an email is sent to a predefined Administrator, so that the Administrator can intervene immediately.
You can flag anything as a trigger, but traditionally the triggers identify things such as:
- Academic troubles
Path: Admin Toolbar > Assessment > Evaluations > Trigger Log
- The Trigger Log shows the email that was sent to the Administrator with a date stamp.
- The Trigger Log can also be printed from the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Click on the Trigger's name to review the Evaluation.
TIP: It is best practice to use a clear naming convention when you are setting up the Trigger so that it is easy to follow when you are looking at the Trigger Log.
Review the Evaluation Trigger Log
You are viewing the current Evaluation in Review Mode, which means you have the rights to look at, but not modify the Evaluation. There are various reasons for this, such as:
- The Evaluation is closed
- The Evaluation is an individual Evaluation that you are reviewing from the summary Evaluation option
- The Evaluation is a Summary Evaluation with a status to which you do not currently have access rights
In the Review Mode you can see which responses have set off the Email Triggers.