Faculty: Adding Documents/Materials: Event
This article explains the steps for uploading single or multiple files at the Event Level.
Path: Home > [Course Screen] > Events > Manage Events > [Event Title] > Materials > Manage Uploads
TIP: You can also just click the Event from the calendar.
Adding a single file
Click Add File to add a single file.
- Select a File: Browse and selected the file to be uploaded.
- Title: This will be displayed to Students in their Materials list and will not change the name of the file.
- Save File
Best Practices Tip: Since materials/documents are included in search results, it is a good idea to preface the title of the document with a course-identifying abbreviation (ex. GYNO-100 Student Manual). When search results are read, a user can immediately know what course the document is from.
Your upload was successful
- Choose Upload Another File
- Or Close to exist the screen
NOTE: For other document options such as assigning file categories, Faculty Only viewing, Supplementary tab placement, etc. continue to Managing Materials at the Course Level.
Multiple File Upload
Click Multi File Upload to add multiple files to the Event Documents and Materials screen.
NOTE: All options are optional.
- Author: Begin typing the author's name or double click the text box to receive a drop-down menu of names to choose from.
- Shared Document: If this is a shared document then check the box
- Password: If you set a password for these documents, students and faculty will be prompted to input this password when attempting to download any of these files.
- Faculty Only: If this document is only for Faculty then check this box.
- No Time Restrictions: This indicates there are no set limits for viewing these uploaded files
- Date Range: The dates from when these documents will become available and will no longer be available for download.
- Event Time +/-: If this is a Event you will be able to determine how long prior to the Event or after the Event the documents are available for viewing.
- Continue to File Upload
- Goals & Objectives: Click this link to assign Goals and Objectives to this multi-file upload.
- Clear Date and Time: Clicking this link will clear any date/time associated with the documents.
- Browse: to select files from your computer or device
- Drag and drop the files from another folder into the box.
- There is no limit to the number of file you can upload.
Click here to continue
Edit Materials Screen
- Name (Edit): Click to edit or change the file name
- Category: Select a category
- Sequence: Select the order in which the file will be displayed
- FO: Faculty Only files
- View: This will download the file
- Del: Check the box to make the file as Deleted
- Supp: Check to mark the document as Supplemental materials
- Shared: If checked then this document will be shared with any other Events that are linked to this Event
- Hist: View the History of this document and see which Students have not yet downloaded this document.
- G&O: This number represents the number of Objectives that have been assigned to this document.
- Authors: This is a count of the number of authors given credit for this content.
- Groups: This number represents the number of Groups assigned to this content.