The purpose of the Long Event is represent Assignments that span more than one Event, and to show the progress of each User within the Long Event.
Path: Home > Courses > [Course Screen] > Events > Long Events
This report shows your Long Events for the current Course. You can click on any Long Event name in this report to view the Long Event.
If you are a Course Director, you can click the All Long Events link to view these Long Events
Faculty Event Listing
This screen allows you to see which Faculty member has created a Long Event and the date range of the event.
Click the Long Event's Link to go to the Long Event screen.
This report shows all of the Long Events that are assigned to the current Course and can be used to create or modify a Long Event.
- Name: Click to view the Event.
- Edit: Click to edit details of the Event.
- Begin Date & End Date: The date range for assignments to be completed.
- Inactive: The number of Students who have not started any activity in the Long Event
- Working: The number of Students who have started at least one of the activities, but have not completed all activities.
- Completed: The number of Students who have completed all activities in the Long Event
- HPF: Hours Per Faculty, the number of hours of credit to be given to each Faculty member assigned to the Long Event for use in the FCT.
Add New/Edit Long Event
The Edit Long Event screen is used to create and maintain the basic settings for a Long Event. The fields that are required have a red asterisk (*), the rest are optional:
- Name (*)
- Description (*)
- Learning Type (*)
- Reminder Message (*)
- Begin and End Date (*)
- Begin and End Times
- Hours per Instructor (for FCT Reporting)
- Hours per Student (for Curricular Reporting)
The date range defines the active period for the Long Event.
Tip: Should you wish to have your Long Event available from the Begin to end date up till midnight, it is best practice to set the end time to 11:59 PM on the end date. If not the default will be 12:00 AM on the end date, therefore eliminating the additional hours in which the Users need to be aware of the Long Event.
NOTE: Actual access to Assignments and Exams will be based on the date ranges assigned to those particular elements.
This option is used to assign Student Groups to the Long Event. After the Groups are assigned the Students in the Group(s) will be added to the list of Long Event Students.
Audit Access to a Long Event
The Long Event allows those who are Auditing the Course to be added to the Long Event. To add individual Students to audit a long event complete this following workflow: Long Event Screen > People >Add/Remove Audit
This option is available to Administrators and Student-Faculty.
Path: Home > Courses > [Select Course] > Events > Long Events > Manage > [Select the Long Event Name]
- Event Settings: Click on the Gear Icon and select Display
- Display: Yes, will allow the Students to see the Long Event on their calendars.
- Show Staff: NO = Hide Staff names from Long Event. YES = Show Staff names with Long Event.
Warning: If you do not enable the Display Long Event on the Calendar, only the Assignments and Exams will be available to the Students during the date range of the Long Event.
If you need the associated Users to see the Long Event on their Calendar, you will need to change the default No to Yes to display the Event on the calendar.
The Direct Display of Long Events option if enabled, will allow for the assignments and exams linked to the Long Event to be displayed in addition to displaying the Long Event itself on the Calendar.
For more information about customizing certain settings related to Long Events in your System please refer to the Account Manger: Long Events Article.