Long Event Screen Menus
The purpose of the Long Event is represent Assignments that span more than one Event, and to show the progress of each User within the Long Event
Path: Home > Courses > [Select Course] > Events > Long Events > Faculty Event Listing
Faculty Long Event Listing: This will display the Faculty members that have Long Events. You can also view All Long Events by clicking on the link at the top on the page.
Click the Event to go to the Long Event Screen
Alternative Path: Home > Calendar > Long Event
From the Calendar, Students and Faculty will see their Long Events if the Display on Calendar have been selected.
Long Event Screen
- Long Event Menu: Materials, Announcements, Assignments, Messages, Mapping, Assessment, People and Settings. Long Event menu can be toggled on or off the screen.
- Long Event Details: Displays Event details such as Begin and End Date, Instructor and Description information
- Related Materials: Materials associated to the Course Template, Campus or Course Section are a displayed here, organized by categories. Materials can be toggled on or off the screen.
TIP: To create a New Long Event, refer to the Long Events management article.
- Long Event Options: Edit the basic settings for this Long Event
- Display Options: Use this option to display Long Events on the Calendar in addition to the Assignments within the Long Event.
- Edit Descriptions: Edit or add a Description to display on the Event Details page
- Hide/Show: This option will allow you to set the display for the Long Event, and/or the Assignments and Exams, in the ribbon.
Edit Long Event
The Edit Long Event screen is used to create and maintain the basic settings for a Long Event, including:
- Name / Title
- Reminder Message
- Event Type
- Hours per Instructor (for FCT Reporting)
- Hours per Student (for Curricular Reporting)
The date range defines the active period for the Long Event. However, actual access to Assignments and Exams will be based on the date ranges assigned to those particular elements.
This option will cause the Long Event itself to be displayed in the calendar screen, even if no Exam or assignment has been associated with the Long Event.
When you associate an Exam or assignment with a Long Event, that is what triggers the display of the Long Event on users' calendars. If this Display option is also set to Yes, those items will still be displayed along with the actual Long Event itself. This means that users would see duplicate bars on their calendars: one for the assignment, and one for the Long Event itself.
If you have an Exam or assignment associated with this Long Event, then you should set this Display option to NO so that the duplicate bar does not appear.
If there is no Exam or assignment currently associated with this Long Event, set the Display option to YES if you want the Long Event to appear on the calendar for any users associated with it.
Event Details (2)
Related Materials (3)
Documents in bold have not been downloaded
You can click on each item to download the document (or open a new window for web links).