This feature introduces Quality Assurance (QA) of uploaded content when activated in the Account Manager settings. (See Content: QA Settings article)
When enabled, any content uploaded by Faculty is placed in a queue report for Course Directors/Administrators for approval.
This includes options for:
- Parking content that has technical issues and flagging them for further review by A/V Techs.
- Grandfathering content that was uploaded before the Account Manager setting was enabled (Legacy).
- Hides unapproved content from Students until fixed/approved.
NOTE: Content must be marked as approved by the Course Director or Administrator before it becomes visible to Students.
Path: Admin Toolbar > Course Management > Course Reports > QA
Select an Academic Year
QA - Menu
The Quality Assurance (QA) queue is a list of documents that have been uploaded to your system for a selected Academic Year.
The QA report can be one of the following modes:
- Open - This will show all un-approved documents
- Approved - This will show all approved documents
- Legacy - This will show all documents in legacy status, which means they are being ignored by the QA Queue
- QA - Open Entries: are displayed from Courses or Events and need to be approved prior to them being released to Students for viewing.
- QA - Approved: Displays all approved content.
- Legacy: Content that has been flagged as Legacy is generally older content and are being ignored by the QA queue.
- Set Legacy: Set Legacy cutoff dates.
- My Open Tech Support: A/V Tech support can open their queue.
- Data Hold: Lists all content that is not approved..
Course Director Approval Process
The Quality Assurance (QA) Queue is a list of all documents that have been uploaded to the Course (C) or Event(s) (E) in the course.
The steps for approving a document are:
- Download the document (View column), review and make any necessary changes.
- If changes were necessary, upload the revised file by clicking on Save.
- Click the Approve link. Comments can be added to the QA Export Approval screen.
- If a document has technical issues, check the box to push the document to the A/V Tech Queue for further work.
QA Export Approval Screen
The QA Export Approval screen lets you make comments and do one of three things:
- Approve the content.
- Mark the content as Legacy.
- Save your comments, exit the screen. (This does not approve the content, but does save a comment).
TIP: Marking a document as Legacy releases the document, but it implies that the file may not meet current standards.